BEST PRACTISES- WELLNESS IN THE BALTICS ROUNDTABLE
april 20, 2017
On April 20, the Eastern European Initiative hosted a roundtable to discuss today's trends, opportunities and challenges of the Baltics region in collaboration with the Baltic Spa Association. The discussion was moderated by Alla Sokolova, founder and CEO of Inbalans, and the initiative chair of the Eastern European Initiative.
- Growing the wellness industry in the Baltics requires a multidisciplinary approach. The first step has been jumpstarted through the Global Wellness Institute roundtable.
- Continue the conversation! The Baltic Spa Association will facilitate the next meeting.
- Develop a stronger collaboration with educational institutions. The Baltic Academy called for action to work with PhD and Masters students directing research topics around wellness and wellness tourism.
- Experts agreed that there is a gap in the market when it comes to managing and selling wellness services. The Baltic Academy is working on a spa management course as well as a professional course for spa receptionists.
- More research needs to be produced when it comes to natural medicine, use of mineral waters in spa, authentic practices such as the benefits of Amber and the Baltic sauna culture.
- Develop a stronger partnership with government entities to promote the region as a wellness destination.
- Educate consumers about the benefits of wellness and the wide array of services available.
- Build awareness through activities like Global Wellness Day.
- Develop more professional wellness coordinators to help educate clients and communicate the importance and benefits of wellness practices
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:
Ilona Ansone, Member of the Board, Baltic Spa Association
Dan Grasmanis, Member of the Expert Council, Water Sommeliers, Germany
Marina Gunare, Director of Study Direction, Hotel and Catering Services, Tourism and Leisure Organization, Baltic International Academy, Latvia
Dr. Jelena Krasilnikova, Associate Professor, Human Physiology and Biochemistry Department, Riga Stradine University, Latvia
Mare Kuruson, CEO, Wellmonde, Finland
Inna Milovanova, Spa Director, Baltic Beach, Latvia
Alla Sokolova, Founder & CEO, Inbalans, Latvia
Aljona Säilev, Head Teacher of International Massage Academy (Tallinn) and Lecturer at University of Tartu, Estonia
Mariam Sargsyan, Managing Director, Inbalans Group, Latvia
Svetlana Shabalina, President, Baltic SPA Association, Latvia
Ramunė Skurkienė, General SPA Manager at SPA hotel Vilnius Sana Druskininkai and Assistant Lecturer of Aromatherapy Panevėžio kollege, Lithuania