The GWI’s Wellness at Work Initiative’s Chair, Renee Moorefield, just released a new report on emerging trends in wellness at work. The future: moving far beyond the old “wellness program”—with companies now finally focusing on helping people thrive.
Moorefield identified ten key shifts underway, including:
- A powerful focus on mental wellbeing and helping people find purpose
- Creating much more women-friendly workplaces
- A surge in nature-infused biophilic work environments
- With new DNA and other “smart" testing, digital diagnostic tools and AI—a rise in wellness plans individualized to that person
- A shakeup in the concept of leadership, with new organizational titles from Chief Equality Officer to Chief Purpose Officer